Date: April 3, 2017
WHO: Orange County District Attorney (OCDA)/Public Administrator (PA) Tony Rackauckas
WHAT: Will honorably transport the ashes of eight Orange County veterans’ remains and escort a ninth to their final resting place at the Riverside National Cemetery tomorrow morning. These veterans were either homeless, or without living family members and passed away in 2017; the Public Administrator is responsible for the final disposition of their remains.
Of the nine, one was a World War II veteran, two were veterans of the Korean War, five were Vietnam veterans, and one was a veteran of the Global War on Terrorism. They are:
- Robert Louis Piazza Jr. – United States Army (Army)
- Gene Jay Russo – Army
- Almon Boyd Smith – Army
- Eugene Erickson – United States Marine Corps (Marine Corps)
- Kenneth Keck – Marine Corps
- Leszek Blazejczyk – United States Navy (Navy)
- Edward Fiske Frohwitter – Navy
- Richard A. Lee – United States Air Force (Air Force)
- Richard Michael McFadden – Air Force
WHEN: Tomorrow, Tuesday, April 4, 2017, the procession will depart the office of the OCDA at approximately 9:30 a.m., final military honors are scheduled to take place at 11:45 a.m. at the Riverside National Cemetery.
The office of the PA has unique powers to secure real and personal property until an eligible administrator is appointed. The Public Administrator protects the assets and manages the affairs of deceased residents of Orange County, who at the time of death left no known heirs, no will, no named executor, or an executor who is ineligible.