FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Case # 17NF1130
Date: April 24, 2017
FORMER MRS. ORANGE COUNTY PAGEANT WINNER SENTENCED TO COURT OFFER OF 10 MONTHS JAIL FOR POSSESSING CHILD PORNOGRAPHY
SANTA ANA, Calif. – A former Mrs. Orange County pageant winner was sentenced to a court offer of ten months in county jail for possessing and distributing child pornography of a 4-year-old female relative.
Meghan Breanna Alt, 27, Irvine
Pleaded guilty on April 21, 2017 to:
- One felony count of possession of child pornography
- One felony count of lewd or lascivious act with a minor, under 14 years of age
- 300 days county jail
- Three years of formal probation
- 15 days of Cal Trans
- Ordered to pay restitution
- Child Abuser’s Treatment Program
- Lifetime sex offender registration pursuant to PC 290
Circumstances of the Case
- At the time of the crime, the defendant was a church youth volunteer at The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints in San Clemente and Irvine, and had access to children.
- Between Jan. 1, 2015, and Oct. 7, 2015, Alt possessed photographs of her relative, 4-year-old Jane Doe, in sexually explicit poses.
- The defendant used her cell phone to distribute the photos of Jane Doe to a U.S. Marine stationed in Southern California in exchange for gifts.
- On Oct. 7, 2015, Orange County Child Exploitation Task Force (OCCETF) investigators conducted a traffic stop on Alt as she was driving in San Diego County and arrested her.
Orange County Sheriff’s Department (OCSD), U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement’s Homeland Security Investigations (HSI), and OCCETF investigated this case after receiving information about the crime from the Naval Criminal Investigative Service.
Prosecutor: Deputy District Attorney Michael Carroll, Sexual Assault Unit