December 21, 2017
Case # 16NF1774
MAN SENTENCED TO 34 YEARS TO LIFE IN PRISON FOR FORCIBLY RAPING AND TRAFFICKING 15-YEAR-OLD GIRL, PIMPING AND PANDERING WOMAN
FULLERTON, Calif. – A man was sentenced to 34 years to life in state prison for forcibly raping and trafficking a 15-year-old girl, then pimping and pandering a woman.
Raymond Lee Gibson, 29, Colton
Found guilty by a jury on Oct. 12, 2017, of one felony count each of:
- Forcible oral copulation
- Forcible rape
- Lewd acts upon a child
- Human trafficking of a minor
- Pandering a minor under 16 years old
- Pimping a minor
- Assault with force likely to produce great bodily injury
- Pandering by procuring
- Second strike
- Human trafficking a minor by force or fear
34 years to life in state prison
Circumstances of the Case
Gibsonis a human trafficker/pimp who exploits women and/or children for financial gain. Pimps often assign ranks to the women they exploit. The victims are often required to turn over all payment they receive for sex acts from sex purchasers to their pimp. Failure to follow these rules can result in physical and/ or emotional abuse.
- Prior to June 2016, Gibson met 15-year-old Jane Doe 1 and began trafficking the victim in areas known for prostitution and human trafficking in Orange County.
- The defendant forced Jane Doe 1 to engage in commercial sex acts with sex purchasers and kept the money the victim received.
- Prior to May 2016, and while also trafficking Jane Doe 1, the defendant pandered Jane Doe 2 to engage in commercial sex acts for his benefit in Orange County.
- On May 30, 2016, Jane Doe 1 attempted to flee from an Orange County motel room.
- Gibson found Jane Doe 1, forcibly raped the victim, and forced her to orally copulate him.
- Gibson choked Jane Doe 1 during the course of the sexual assault.
- On June 11, 2016, Jane Doe 1 was contacted by law enforcement in San Bernardino County and reported the crime.
- On June 15, 2016, the defendants were contacted and arrested by the Orange County Human Trafficking Task Force (OCHTTF) and a San Bernardino detective while pimping Jane Doe 2 in an Orange County motel room.
Members of the OCHTTF and the Orange County District Attorney’s (OCDA) Office work proactively to protect women and minors from falling victim to commercial sexual exploitation. This case was investigated by OCHTTF, a partnership between Anaheim Police Department, California Highway Patrol, Costa Mesa Police Department, Federal Bureau of Investigation, Irvine Police Department, Newport Beach Police Department, OCDA, Orange County Sheriff’s Department, Santa Ana Police Department, and community and non-profit partners.
Prosecutor: Deputy District Attorney Juliet Oliver, HEAT Unit
Proposition 35 and HEAT
To read more about California’s anti-human trafficking Proposition 35 and the OCDA’s Human Exploitation and Trafficking (HEAT) Unit, please visit www.orangecountyda.org and select Human Trafficking Information from the Media Center drop down menu.