Case # 13CF3891
Date: March 15, 2018
MAN SENTENCED TO 56 YEARS IN STATE PRISON FOR SEXUALLY ASSAULTING TWO WOMEN IN PARKING LOTS AND KIDNAPPING AND ROBBING A THIRD
SANTA ANA, Calif. – A man was sentenced to 56 years and eight months in state prison today for sexually assaulting two women and kidnapping and robbing a third in mall, fast food, and church parking lots.
Raymond Martin Boykin, 22, Anaheim
Found guilty by a jury on June 8, 2017, of the following felony counts:
- (3) Forcible oral copulation
- Assault with intent to commit a sexual offense
- Second degree robbery
- Unlawful taking of a vehicle
- Evading while driving recklessly
- Personal use of a deadly weapon
- Multiple victims
56 years and eight months in state prison
Sex offender registration pursuant to penal code 290
Circumstances of the Case
- At approximately 3:00 a.m. on Dec. 7, 2013, Boykin kidnapped Jane Doe 3 as she walked down Chapman Avenue in Orange by pulling her into a Weinerschnitzel parking lot.
- The defendant stole the victim’s phone before fleeing the scene.
- Jane Doe 3 reported the crime to Orange Police Department, who investigated and collected forensic evidence.
- At approximately 5:15 p.m. on Dec. 11, 2013, Boykin approached 19-year-old Jane Doe 1 in a parking structure at MainPlace Mall in Santa Ana.
- The defendant forced his way into the victim’s car, assaulted the victim with a weapon, sexually assaulted her, and stole her purse, then fled the scene.
- The case was reported to and investigated by the Santa Ana Police Department.
- At approximately 6:15 a.m. on Dec. 13, 2013, Boykin approached 42-year-old Jane Doe 2 in the parking lot of Sa Rang Community Church in Anaheim.
- The defendant forced his way into her car, assaulted the victim with a weapon, and sexually assaulted her, then stole Jane Doe 2’s car and fled the scene.
- The case was reported to and investigated by the Anaheim Police Department (APD).
- At approximately 10:30 a.m. on Dec. 13, 2013, Boykin was observed by an APD officer driving in the stolen vehicle.
- The defendant led officers in a pursuit before crashing into another vehicle and fleeing on foot.
- Boykin hid in a nearby apartment, where he was located by police canines and arrested.
- The defendant was linked to Jane Doe 3 through forensic evidence after his arrest.
At a previous hearing, Jane Doe 1 gave an impact statement pursuant to Marsy’s Law. “I’m unable to be alone. I have a hard time in the darkness. I feel as if someone is lurking and will try to harm me in every corner,” she stated in part. “I’m lucky to be alive. I’m lucky that a Good Samaritan heard me screaming and came to my rescue as I ran away in fear for my life. Angels were watching over me. It saddens me that there is so much darkness in the world.”
Prosecutor: Senior Deputy District Attorney Whitney Bokosky