Case # 16HF1052
Date: June 12, 2018
MAN CONVICTED AND SENTENCED TO 12 YEARS IN PRISON FOR SEXUALLY ASSAULTING TWO WOMEN IN IRVINE PARKING STRUCTURES
SANTA ANA, Calif. – A man was convicted and sentenced to 12 years in state prison yesterday for sexually assaulting two women in Irvine parking structures.
Gregory Thomas Ditto, 27, Temecula
Pleaded guilty on June 11, 2018, to the following felony counts:
- Attempted kidnapping to commit a sexual offense
- (2) Assault with intent to commit a sexual offense
- Attempted sexual penetration by a foreign object and force
- 12 years in state prison
- Sex offender registration pursuant to Penal Code 290
Circumstances of the Case
- On July 20, 2016, Ditto approached Jane Doe 1 from behind, picked her up, and carried her toward a stairwell in an Irvine Spectrum parking structure.
- The victim fought off her attacker and Ditto fled the scene.
- Irvine Police Department (IPD) identified Ditto as a possible suspect based on surveillance footage of the parking structure.
- On Aug. 2, 2016, the defendant approached Jane Doe 2 in a separate parking structure at the Irvine Spectrum and forced the victim to the ground.
- Ditto restrained Jane Doe 2 while attempting to sexually assault the victim.
- The victim was able to break free and Ditto fled the scene.
- Jane Doe 2 noted and provided Ditto’s license plate number to IPD detectives.
- Several hours after the second assault, Ditto was arrested by IPD detectives in Lake Elsinore.
Prosecutor: Senior Deputy District Attorney Heidi Garrel, Sexual Assault Unit