FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Case # 17WF1120
Date: July 11, 2018
MAN CONVICTED AND SENTENCED TO 10 YEARS IN PRISON FOR SEXUALLY ASSAULTING CHILDREN UNDER 14
SANTA ANA, Calif. – A man was convicted and sentenced to 10 years in state prison yesterday for sexually assaulting two victims under the age of 14.
Victor Norman Ealey, 57, Garden Grove
Pleaded guilty yesterday to the following felony counts:
- (2) Lewd acts on a child under 14
10 years in state prison
Mandatory sex offender registration pursuant to PC 290
Circumstances of the Case
- At the time of the crime, Ealey was in a position of trust and had access to minor children.
- On or about April 30, 2017, the defendant committed lewd acts upon 10-year-old Jane Doe 1, who reported the assault to Garden Grove Police Department (GGPD).
- During GGPD’s investigation, Jane Doe 2 reported she was also a victim of the defendant.
- Between Jan. 1, 2014 and Dec. 31, 2016, Ealey committed lewd acts upon Jane Doe 2, who was approximately 10 years old at the time of the crime.
- GGPD arrested the defendant on May 18, 2017.
Prosecutor: Deputy District Attorney Lexie Elliot, Sexual Assault Unit