FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Case # 18CF3308
December 26, 2018
19-YEAR-OLD DRIVER TO BE ARRAIGNED FOR VEHICULAR MANSLAUGHTER OF TWO MINORS AFTER FATAL CRASH IN TUSTIN
SANTA ANA, Calif. – A 19-year-old driver is scheduled to be arraigned tomorrow for the vehicular manslaughter of two minors after a fatal crash in Tustin.
|Defendant||Charges||Maximum Sentence||Court Date|
|Josselyn Jazmine Anguiano, 19, Santa Ana||Charged on Nov. 27, 2018, with the following felony counts:
|10 years and four months in state prison||Arraignment
Dec. 27, 2018, 8:30 a.m.
Department C-55, Central Justice Center, Santa Ana
Circumstances of the Case
- On March 23, 2018, Anguiano is accused of driving a five passenger sedan with a total of seven occupants in the vehicle including 17-year-old John Doe 1 and 17-year-old John Doe 2.
- The defendant is accused of reaching 75 miles per hour (mph) before attempting to turn on a street with a 35 mph speed limit near the District in Tustin.
- The vehicle struck a curb at approximately 47 mph, hit multiple steel/concrete poles, flipped on its side, and slid for a short distance before coming to rest.
- John Doe 1 was pronounced dead at the scene and John 2 later died on March 25, 2018. Injuries among two other minor passengers include a broken jaw and a fractured pelvis.
- Tustin Police Department investigated this case.
Prosecutor: Deputy District Attorney Brian Orue, Homicide Unit