Case # 18WF1096
Date: May 16, 2018
LAW ENFORCEMENT SEEKING POTENTIAL ADDITIONAL VICTIMS OF MAN CHARGED WITH FORCIBLY RAPING STRANGER IN DOWNTOWN HUNTINGTON BEACH
SANTA ANA, Calif. – Law enforcement is seeking potential additional victims of a man charged yesterday with forcibly raping a woman he did not know in downtown Huntington Beach.
|Defendant||Charges||Maximum Sentence||Court Date|
|Kyle Patrick Ryan, 34, Santa Ana||Charged on May 15, 2018, with the following felony counts:
June 1, 2018, 10:00 a.m.
Department CJ-1, Central Jail, Santa Ana
Circumstances of the Case
- On the night of May 5, 2018, Ryan is accused of driving in downtown Huntington Beach and contacting 50-year-old Jane Doe. The defendant and victim were strangers.
- Ryan is accused of forcibly raping and sexually assaulting the victim, who was intoxicated, until she was able to escape.
- The defendant is further accused of fleeing the scene in his vehicle.
- Jane Doe went to a nearby residence for help, and the Huntington Beach Police Department (HBPD) responded and investigated this case.
- HBPD identified Ryan and arrested the defendant in Santa Ana on May 11, 2018.
Law enforcement believe there may be additional victims and are asking anyone with information regarding the crime to call the Huntington Beach Police Department Hotline at 714-375-5066, or contact Orange County District Attorney’s Office Supervising Investigator Eric Wiseman at 714-347-8794.
Prosecutor: Senior Deputy District Attorney Bobby Taghavi, Sexual Assault Unit