FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Case # 18CF2483
Date: September 5, 2018
LAW ENFORCEMENT SEEKING POTENTIAL ADDITIONAL VICTIMS OF MAN CHARGED WITH MULTIPLE COUNTS OF SEXUAL ASSAULT AND LEWD ACTS UPON A CHILD
SANTA ANA, Calif. – Law enforcement is seeking potential additional victims of a man who was charged yesterday with multiple counts of sexual assault and lewd acts upon a child.
|Defendant||Charges||Maximum Sentence||Court Date|
|Javier Ortiz Pichardo, 45, Santa Ana||Charged on Sept. 4, 2018 with the following felony counts:
||416 years to life in state prison||Arraignment
Sept. 21, 2018, 10:00 a.m.
Department CJ-1, Central Jail, Santa Ana
Circumstances of the Case
- Between Jan. 1, 1997 and Nov. 8, 2001, Ortiz is accused of aggravated sexual assault and committing lewd acts upon John Doe, who was between the ages of seven and 14 at the time of the crimes.
- Ortiz is accused of befriending John Doe’s family at a Chinese restaurant, where the defendant was employed as a cook.
- The defendant is accused of touching John Doe and forcing the victim to orally copulate Ortiz in the bathroom of the restaurant.
- Ortiz is further accused of threatening to harm John Doe if he ever told someone about these acts.
- After befriending the family, the defendant is accused of forcing John Doe to orally copulate him and forcibly sodomizing the victim in his car and in John Doe’s home.
- On or about May 30, 2002, Ortiz is accused of committing lewd acts upon nine-year-old Jane Doe 2.
- Between Jan. 1, 2009 and Jan. 4, 2016, Ortiz is accused of sexually assaulting Jane Doe 1, who was seven years old at the start these crimes.
- The defendant is accused of having sexual intercourse and orally copulating Jane Doe 1.
- On or about Jan. 7, 2012 and Jan. 14, 2012, Ortiz is accused of committing lewd acts upon nine-year-old Jane Doe 3.
- On or about Aug. 24, 2018, Ortiz is further accused of forcibly raping Jane Doe 1.
- Santa Ana Police Department (SAPD) investigated this case.
Anyone who believes they have been a victim is encouraged to contact SAPD Detective Jessica Guidry at 714-245-8530 or Supervising Investigator Eric Wiseman at 714-347-8794
Prosecutor: Senior Deputy District Attorney Mena Guirguis, Sexual Assault Unit