Case # 13CF3891
Date: June 8, 2017
MAN CONVICTED OF SEXUALLY ASSAULTING TWO WOMEN IN PARKING LOTS AND KIDNAPPING AND ROBBING A THIRD
SANTA ANA, Calif. – A man was convicted by a jury today of sexually assaulting two women and kidnapping and robbing a third in mall, fast food, and church parking lots.
|Defendant||Convicted of Felony Counts||Maximum Sentence||Court Date|
|Raymond Martin Boykin, 21, Anaheim||
|60 years to life in state prison||Sentencing
Aug. 25, 2017, 1:30 p.m.
Department W-9, West Justice Center, Westminster
Circumstances of the Case
- At approximately 3:00 a.m. on Dec. 7, 2013, Boykin kidnapped Jane Doe 3 as she walked down Chapman Avenue in Orange by pulling her into a Weinerschnitzel parking lot.
- The defendant stole the victim’s phone before fleeing the scene.
- Jane Doe 3 reported the crime to Orange Police Department, who investigated and collected forensic evidence.
- At approximately 5:15 p.m. on Dec. 11, 2013, Boykin approached 19-year-old Jane Doe 1 in a parking structure at Main Place Mall in Santa Ana.
- The defendant forced his way into the victim’s car, assaulted the victim with a weapon, sexually assaulted her, and stole her purse, then fled the scene.
- The case was reported to and investigated by the Santa Ana Police Department.
- At approximately 6:15 a.m. on Dec. 13, 2013, Boykin approached 42-year-old Jane Doe 2 in the parking lot of Sa Rang Community Church in Anaheim.
- The defendant forced his way into her car, assaulted the victim with a weapon, and sexually assaulted her, then stole Jane Doe 2’s car and fled the scene.
- The case was reported to and investigated by the Anaheim Police Department (APD).
- At approximately 10:30 a.m. on Dec. 13, 2013, Boykin was observed by an APD officer driving in the stolen vehicle.
- The defendant led officers in a pursuit before crashing into another vehicle and fleeing on foot.
- Boykin hid in a nearby apartment, where he was located by police canines and arrested.
- The defendant was linked to Jane Doe 3 through forensic evidence after his arrest.
Senior Deputy District Attorney Whitney Bokosky of the Sexual Assault Unit is prosecuting this case.