FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Case # 14WF3419
Date: May 19, 2017
MAN SENTENCED TO 120 YEARS TO LIFE IN PRISON FOR SEXUALLY ASSAULTING INFANT RELATIVE AND POSSESSING OVER 220,000 CHILD PORNOGRAPHY PHOTOS AND VIDEOS
SANTA ANA, Calif. – A man was sentenced today to 120 years to life in state prison for sexually assaulting his infant relative and possessing over 220,000 pornographic photos and videos of prepubescent children.
|Ryan Michael Booth, 32, Long Beach||Found guilty by a jury on March 8, 2017, of the following felony counts:
Circumstances of the Case
- Between 2013 and August 2014, Booth sexually assaulted his relative, Jane Doe, from the time she was under one year old until Jane Doe was two years old.
- Booth also possessed over 600 pornographic videos and images of prepubescent children and traded the images and videos online for additional child pornography.
- On Aug. 29, 2014, a Constable with the Royal Canadian Mounted Police was conducting a child pornography investigation when he discovered images of a female approximately two to three years of age.
- The officer determined that the Internet Protocol (IP) address for the user who posted the images originated in Long Beach, and he referred the case to U.S. Homeland Security Cybercrimes Center.
- On Sept. 5, 2014, the Los Angeles Regional Internet Crimes Against Children Task Force (ICAC) and Los Angeles Police Department (LAPD) investigators discovered over 220,000 images and 2,000 videos of child sexual exploitation content, including photos and videos of the defendant engaging in sexual conduct with his two-year-old relative, Jane Doe, in Booth’s residence. LAPD officers arrested Booth later that day.
- During the investigation, LAPD officers discovered that the defendant sexually assaulted Jane Doe in her home in Costa Mesa and submitted the case to the Orange County District Attorney’s Office.
During the sentencing today, the victim’s family members were present and delivered victim impact statements.
Jane Doe’s father said in part, “She gets to grow up happy and free… you are going to pay for this. You will never touch another child again.” The victim’s grandmother said in part, “There is no mercy for you. She will carry [this] with her for her whole life.”
Prosecutor: Deputy District Attorney Richard Zimmer, Sexual Assault Unit.