Case # 13CF3891
Date: May 23, 2017
MAN TO FACE TRIAL FOR SEXUALLY ASSAULTING THREE WOMEN IN PARKING LOTS
SANTA ANA, Calif. – A man is scheduled to face trial tomorrow for sexually assaulting three women in mall, fast food, and church parking lots.
|Defendant||Felony Charges||Maximum Sentence||Court Date|
|Raymond Martin Boykin, 21, Anaheim||
|60 years to life in state prison||Jury trial opening statements
May 24, 2017, 8:45 a.m.
Department W-13, West Justice Center, Westminster
Circumstances of the Case
- At approximately 3:00 a.m. on Dec. 7, 2013, Boykin is accused of kidnapping Jane Doe 3 as she walked down Chapman Avenue in Orange by pulling her into a Weinerschnitzel parking lot.
- The defendant is accused of stealing the victim’s phone before fleeing the scene.
- Jane Doe 3 reported the crime to Orange Police Department, who investigated and collected forensic evidence.
- At approximately 5:15 p.m. on Dec. 11, 2013, Boykin is accused of approaching 19-year-old Jane Doe 1 in a parking structure at Main Place Mall in Santa Ana.
- The defendant is accused of forcing his way into the victim’s car, assaulting the victim with a weapon, sexually assaulting her, and stealing her purse, then fleeing the scene.
- The case was reported to and investigated by the Santa Ana Police Department.
- At approximately 6:15 a.m. on Dec. 13, 2013, Boykin is accused of approaching 42-year-old Jane Doe 2 in the parking lot of Sa Rang Community Church in Anaheim.
- The defendant is accused of forcing his way into her car, assaulting the victim with a weapon, and sexually assaulting her, then stealing Jane Doe 2’s car and fleeing the scene.
- The case was reported to and investigated by the Anaheim Police Department (APD).
- At approximately 10:30 a.m. on Dec. 13, 2013, Boykin is accused of being observed by an APD officer driving in the stolen vehicle.
- The defendant is accused of leading officers in a pursuit before crashing into another vehicle and fleeing on foot.
- Boykin is accused of hiding in a nearby apartment, where he was located by police canines and arrested.
- The defendant is accused of being linked to Jane Doe 3 through forensic evidence after his arrest.
Senior Deputy District Attorney Whitney Bokosky of the Sexual Assault Unit is prosecuting this case.