Case # 17NF1372
Date: June 9, 2017
OCDA SEEKING PUBLIC’S HELP IDENTIFYING POTENTIAL ADDITIONAL VICTIMS OF MAN CHARGED WITH POSING AS POLICE OFFICER AND KIDNAPPING VICTIM TO COMMIT SEX OFFENSE
SANTA ANA, Calif. – The Orange County District Attorney’s Office (OCDA) is seeking the public’s help identifying potential additional victims of a man who is scheduled to be arraigned today for posing as a police officer and kidnapping a woman to commit a sex offense.
|Sean Michael Vasquez, 35, Los Alamitos||Charged today in an amended complaint with the following counts:
June 9, 2017, Time to be determined
Department CJ-1, Central Jail, Santa Ana
31 years to life
Circumstances of the Case
- On May 13, 2017, Vasquez is accused of posing as a modeling agent online named “Alex” and communicating with 22-year-old Jane Doe via text messages over several weeks.
- Vasquez is accused of setting up a “role play” date where Jane Doe would meet defendant in a parking lot, pretend to be a prostitute, and Vasquez would pick her up.
- When Jane Doe arrived at the agreed-upon location in Anaheim, the defendant is accused of telling the victim he was an undercover police officer and showing Jane Doe a police badge, driving the victim to the parking lot of a self-storage facility, handcuffing her, putting her in the backseat, and obtaining her driver’s license, while continuing to text the victim as “Alex” to carry on the charade.
- Vasquez is accused of getting into the backseat, locking the door, and demanding the victim orally copulate him to “fix” her legal problem, but the victim refused.
- The defendant is accused of kidnapping the victim, driving her to areas known for prostitution in Santa Ana, and demanding that she rob potential sex purchasers.
- When the victim was unable to do so, Vasquez is accused of driving Jane Doe to a secluded location in a residential neighborhood, forcing her to orally copulate him, and driving the victim back to her car.
- The victim reported the assault to Anaheim Police Department, who investigated this case.
The investigation in this case is ongoing. Anyone with additional information or who believes they have been a victim is encouraged to contact Supervising Investigator Eric Wiseman of the Sexual Assault Unit at (714) 347-8794.
Prosecutor: Deputy District Attorney Rick Zimmer, Sexual Assault Unit.