|For Immediate Release
|Susan Kang Schroeder
Chief of Staff
UPDATES ON LAWRENCE BROWN
Here are the updated facts as of 6:00 p.m. today, Wednesday, Nov. 17, 2010:
· Based on the media coverage in this case and response by the community, the OCDA and Tustin Police learned of an adult woman early this morning who may have been a child victim of Brown in the late 1970s. An immediate investigation began
· As a result of this potential new victim, one of the four evaluators from DMH has indicated she will change her opinion with the finding that Brown should be a Sexually Violent Predator
· Beginning at approximately 2:30 p.m. today, the Department of Mental Health began faxing approximately 150 pages of evaluations to the Orange County District Attorney’s Office (OCDA) regarding the DMH evaluations of Brown.
· At approximately 3:30 p.m. this afternoon, DMH did send a letter stating the OCDA could independently review the evaluations and file a petition if the OCDA felt DMH evaluators had made a legal error
· The OCDA reviewed the documents and prepared a petition to present to the court
· The Department of Corrections placed a hold on Brown to keep him in Chino State Prison until 11:59 p.m.